The City Growth and Regeneration Committee is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies, policies, programmes and projects directed to the regeneration and growth of the city in the context of the outcomes agreed in the community and corporate plans and other corporate strategy.
• Influencing and contributing to regional regeneration and growth strategies and activities
• Developing and implementing city-wide economic strategies and policies
• Managing and maximising the impact of major physical developments in the city
• Coordinating and promoting major city wide events
• Sourcing and providing support to attract and utilise European and other grants which contribute to the growth of the city
• Providing support for economic development initiatives
• Supporting the development of culture, heritage and the arts
• Working with other agencies to promote Belfast as a key investment and tourism opportunity
• Developing programmes and actions to support local businesses and attract inward investment
• Managing the Council’s markets and maximising their benefit to the city
• Influencing and contributing to strategies and policies affecting skills, employability, transportation and energy in the City
• Overseeing the delivery of the following services
Economic Development, Urban Development, Tourism, Culture and Arts, European and International Relations, City Markets, City Events, Belfast Castle, Malone House, Belfast Zoo and the transferring car parks
Support officer: Eilish McGoldrick, Democratic Services Officer.
Democratic Services Section